The Benefits of outsourcing Security
Here are reasons to outsource security, according to Joe Ricci, executive director of the National Association of Security Companies (NASCO).
Reduce administrative, office and operational overhead to recruit, screen, license, train, schedule, uniform, manage and pay security officers.
- Increase efficiency and productivity by concentrating on core security and business functions.
- Improve management of officers and quality due to focus of the contractor.
- Increase ability to define the service requirements.
- Access specific supplier benefits, economies of scale and “learned” best practices, i.e., recruiting, screening, training, management, post-orders, scheduling, payroll and operations.
- Increase flexibility to meet changing business and security conditions.
Spread risk and liability.
This is the single most compelling reason. Companies with proprietary in house programs are liable for any incident resulting from the action or inaction of their officers, as well as deficiencies in the training, operation and management of their program.
- Leverage contractors project management experience, security expertise and investment in people, equipment and technology.
- Minimize requirements to track and implement changing standards.
- Reduce costs and lower ongoing investment required in internal infrastructure, turning fixed costs into variable costs.
The Outsourcing Institute finds “outsourcing is rapidly becoming a management tool for redefining and re- energizing the corporation. It challenges today’s executives to rethink the traditional, vertically integrated firm in favor of a more flexible organization structured around core competencies and long-term, outside relationships.”
Security Services are in high demand largely due to Palm Springs being a tourist and event destination.
With Events like Coachella Fest, The Palm Springs International Film Festival, and the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of The Year Awards, the need for a security company with the knowledge and experience to offer the very best in Professional Security is at an all time high.
Thankfully, O’Linn Security Inc has the proven leadership with over 60 years of Combined Security Management Experience and over 80 years of Combined Hospitality Experience.
Proudly, O’Linn Security Inc provides (Contract) security services to most of the hotels and resorts in the Coachella Valley including but not limited to The Parker, Ace Hotel, Colony Palms, The Hyatt, The Saguaro, Embassy Suites and many many more!
We are currently celebrating our 30th year in Palm Springs and look forward to 30 more wonderful years of growth and service to this great valley.